ASSUMPTION, Illinois (January 26, 2018) – Two new technologies for improved efficiency and performance in poultry production environments are being introduced by Cumberland Poultry at the 2018 International Production & Processing Expo Jan. 30-Feb. 1 in Atlanta.
Double Stack Komfort Kooler™
Designed to help maximize cooling performance, the Double Stack Komfort Kooler allows more efficient use of vertical wall space on taller buildings and shorter tunnel openings for improved airflow through the building. Producers can also save money on installation with fewer pumps and trough.
Other benefits include:
• A trough design that enables unevaporated water to be recirculated back through the system. No tube cutting in the field is required.
• A self-priming, centrifugal jet pump and automatic float value that match water supply with system demand.
• Easy open top access to the water jets and spray bar to easily perform water pressure checks or system maintenance.
• Cooling pads produced using an advanced resin and curing process for lasting durability.
Protegg Community Nest
The Protegg Community Nest system provides maximum bird comfort to achieve the highest number of hatching eggs and fewer floor eggs. Its durable, performance-driven design provides 25 percent more usable nesting space compared to conventional nesting systems. The system accommodates heavy birds, light birds and layers with easy expel and front closure wire modification.
Other benefits include simple installation, easy plug and play setup, and belt speed control from zero to 100 percent with smooth starts resulting in fewer cracked eggs.
“In today’s competitive marketplace, it is essential to maximize the efficiency and performance of production facilities,” said Brian Rieck, Cumberland product manager. “Our new cooling and nesting technologies feature proven, advanced designs to help producers meet these goals.”
Cumberland will also showcase two other poultry production technologies at IPPE:
• The EDGE™ control system, a single, versatile platform that handles all of the environmental control applications for breeder, broiler, pullet, layer, turkey and virtually any other poultry house. Producers have the ability to adjust ventilation and temperature, manage lights and bird scales, and control multiple houses or farms, all from a single controller, saving time while increasing efficiency and productivity.
• The Mega Flow 58C, a 58-inch diameter fan providing powerful ventilation and high performance. Features include a spring loaded butterfly door design with a magnetic locking mechanism for a complete seal; flush mount design allowing retrofit over wall openings from 57.5 to 63 inches; and non-corrosive, reinforced composite venturi and housing.
Cumberland’s booth will also feature a Massey Ferguson 4700 Global Series tractor to highlight Cumberland’s and Massey Ferguson’s relationship as AGCO brands. The tractor has a low-profile (lower height) configuration for use in poultry barns.
For more information, producers can visit Cumberland exhibit #B6129 at IPPE, contact their Cumberland Poultry dealer or visit www.cumberlandpoultry.com