Legacy Programming Info and Software Download
GSI Legacy Flash Programmer Software
Since its introduction in 1993, the computerized control systems have evolved several times to provide you with the safest and highest quality possible in grain drying equipment. To continue with this tradition, we are offering the latest software updates for your drying system. This will assure that you will be able to use the latest features incorporated into the dryer software as soon as we receive it from our software engineers.
To update the software in our computerized control systems, you will need the proper hardware and software.
- We no longer offer any Palm Pilot kits at GSI due to their obsolescence and also the lack of availability of the necessary serial cables.
- Software has been developed that will allow you to update programming from a laptop or a PC that contains a 9 pin serial port.
- You can download the GSI Legacy Flash programmer software below.
- If you have the Palm Pilot adapter and series 2000 cable then all you will need to purchase is a null modem serial cable. Below is a Digi-key link to one that is compatible for this setup.
- Digi-key DB9F to DB9F serial null modem cable AE9879-ND.
- If you have the capability of making modifying your own serial cable you will need to swap pins 2 and 3 on one of the connectors or alternately you can purchase a null modem adapter. (NOTE: If your hardware setup doesn't contain a serial port you can purchase a USB adapter which will give you this capability. Digi-key part number AE10289-ND.
- You can download and view the instructions below.
- As with any computer upgrade, you run the risk of making your dryer inoperable if the programming procedure is interrupted during the upgrade. NEVER TURN OFF POWER DURING UPGRADE PROCESS!
- If you are currently drying grain, we highly recommend you wait until you are finished drying grain before attempting to update your software. If you feel you need to upgrade, please download and view the programming manual below.
To Download Software:
- Insert a USB Flash drive into your computer. Please make note of the drive letter of the USB Flash Drive. (Double click on MY COMPUTER on your Desktop) You will need it later when you install the update software.
- Click on the link below to start the download process to your computer. You can SAVE or RUN the program. It doesn't matter which one you choose. When saving make sure you make note of where you put it.
- When this file is executed, it will copy the files to the necessary folder on your USB Flash drive. During the install, you will be prompted to provide the drive letter of your USB Flash drive. ( i.e. D:) Or you can click on the Change button to locate the drive on your system. Once the USB Flash drive has the necessary files on it, you can insert it into the USB port located on the bottom of the Vision/DriTek+ assembly. Open the lower control box, and look at the back of the door. You will notice a aluminum box with a circuit board on the back. Look underneath the box for the USB port as shown in the programming manual.